Personal Data Protection Policy
- Application of Policy
This Policy is based on the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act 2012 ("PDPA") and the “Proposed Advisory Guideline for the Social Services Sector” (11th September 2014) by the Personal Data Protection Commission (PDPC). By providing your Personal Data to AMKFSC, you agree to the terms of this Policy.
- Collection of Personal Data
We generally do not collect your Personal Data unless (i) it is provided to us voluntarily by you directly or via a third party who has been duly authorised by you to disclose your Personal Data to us; or (ii) collection and use of the Personal Data is permitted or required by law.
Depending on the nature of your interaction with us, Personal Data collected may include (but are not limited to):
- Full Name
- Residential Address
- Contact Details, (including telephone number or email address)
- Date of Birth
- NRIC number / Passport number
- Personal data of your family members
- Marital Status
- Medical, financial, educational or employment information
- Use of Personal Data Collected
Depending on your relationship with AMKFSC (whether as a client, employee, volunteers, employment candidates, etc), we may use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of services requested by you;
- Responding to, handling, and processing queries, requests, applications, complaints and feedback from you;
- Maintaining contact with you;
- Managing your relationship with us;
- Human Resource and recruitment purposes;
- Managing donations, sponsorship & volunteerism;
- Complying with any applicable laws, codes of practice, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any regulatory authority;
- Any reasonable purposes permitted by applicable law; and/or
- Any other purposes which AMKFSC may inform you in writing from time to time, but for which AMKFSC will seek your separate consent.
- Disclosure of Personal Data
- For Non-Clients (partners, donors, volunteers and potential employees)
AMKFSC will keep your personal data confidential and will not disclose to any related or unrelated third parties, unless otherwise required or permitted by law.
- For Clients
AMKFSC is committed to keeping your personal data confidential. However, depending on the nature of the client engagement, there may be situations in which AMKFSC discloses your personal data to the government, law enforcement authorities or any other related third party (eg. another government agency or VWO) when:
- It is necessary in the interest of the individual (such as referral for external services or application of schemes administered by public agencies);
- Indication and assessment of harm and risk to self or others, where disclosure is necessary to ensure safety and protection of life;
- It is used for evaluative purposes (approval of grant for social and financial assistance, the delivery of appropriate health services under any scheme administered by a public agency;
- The disclosure is required by law; or is necessary for any investigations or proceedings; and/or
- The disclosure is permitted under any of the statutory exemptions under the PDPA.
- Withdrawal of Consent
If you do not wish for us to use or disclose your Personal Data for any of the above purposes, you may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at . Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, we may require reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our relationship with you) for your request to be processed. Depending on the circumstances and the nature of your withdrawal, the withdrawal of your consent may result in us being unable to provide, or continue to provide our services to you and/or your family member.
Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose Personal Data where such collection, use and disclosure without consent is permitted or required by law.
- Access and Correction of Personal Data
You should ensure that all Personal Data provided to us is complete, true and accurate. Failure to do so may result in our inability to provide or continue to provide our services to you and/or your family.
If you wish to access, update or otherwise change or remove any information that you have provided to us, please contact us at . We reserve the right to verify your identity before handing over the data or correcting the data as requested.
- Protection of Personal Data
AMKFSC has implemented reasonable measures to protect personal data against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
AMKFSC only retains Personal Data for as long as the retention is required for the purposes for which we collected the Personal Data, the purposes described in this Policy and for our business and legal purposes. In general, we do not retain Personal Data for a period of longer than seven years after the original purposes for which the Personal Data was collected have ceased to be applicable, unless otherwise required by law or other mandatory directions by court or government authorities or for purposes of legal proceedings or other similar proceedings or investigations.
For unsuccessful job applicants, AMKFSC will retain your Personal Data for no longer than one year for the purposes of evaluating your suitability for future job openings, unless you inform us otherwise as per Clause 5.
- Transfer of Personal Data Overseas
AMKFSC does not generally transfer any personal data of Clients and Non-Clients outside of Singapore, unless otherwise required or permitted by law.
Changes to Policy
AMKFSC reserves the right to modify or change this Policy at any time. The amended Policy will be uploaded on our website accordingly. Please refer to our website from time to time for any changes and/or updates to our Policy.