KidSTART @AMKFSC Community Services
AMKFSC Community Services was appointed by the Early Childhood Development Agency (ECDA) as the Social Service Agency anchoring KidSTART in the Ang Mo Kio and Yishun regions. KidSTART is a programme that provides upstream support to children 6 years and below from low-income families. It aims to give children a good start in life by empowering families to build strong foundations for their children and foster positive child development outcomes.
We provide support for child development, coordinate and strengthen holistic services for families where needed, and monitor the developmental progress of children from birth onwards, alongside giving support to parents by equipping them with the necessary skills, so that their children can benefit from warm and nurturing relationships, achieve age-appropriate and holistic child development, and have a safe and secure home environment to grow up in.
Antenatal to 1 year old
- Regular home visits to guide parents with skills and practical knowledge for child growth, development, health and nutrition.
- Regular screening of the child’s growth and maternal well-being to ensure early detection and support if needed.
- Connect with other parents for group support.
1 to 3 years old
- Guidance on bonding and engaging their children meaningfully in a community playgroup setting.
- Additional one-on-one support for parents who require it.
- Assisting with building school readiness skills.
2 months to 6 years old
- Engage parents on child growth, development, health and nutrition.
- Monitor and tackle obstacles to child’s attendance and school readiness.
- Help with preschool enrolment.
- Families with Singapore citizen children 6 years old and below
- Gross monthly household income of $2,500 and below, or per capita income of $650 and below
- Families who reside in or have children enrolled in selected preschools within the Ang Mo Kio or Yishun regions (To find out about other KidSTART regions, visit KidSTART.sg)
Volunteer with KidSTART
We are looking for volunteers to help with our outreach efforts, as well as befrienders to help provide practical and emotional support to assigned KidSTART families. This includes child-minding activities, accompanying family member to the clinic and assisting the KidSTART worker in preparation and execution of KidSTART programmes. Find out more about volunteering with KidSTART here.