Spright Academy (formerly known as BASIC Student Care Services)
First established in 1987, Spright Academy (formerly known as Before and After School Individualised Care (BASIC)) has since evolved and expanded to three centres to better serve the needs of the community. Spright Academy provides care for unsupervised children between seven and 14 years old.
More than a child-minding programme today, Spright Academy is a combination of on-site student care, and social emotional learning and development.
- To plan and organise activities for children between 7 and 14 years old
- Working hours: 10.00am to 7.00pm
- Sector: Family Services
- Location: Central, North East
- Job type: Temporary Full-time
- Minimum diploma/GCE 'A' level or equivalent
- Good command of spoken and written English and Chinese
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Interest in and passion for working with children
- Preferably with relevant working experience in a related field
- Only Singaporean/PR need apply
Growth of Your Child
Spright Academy aspires to empower and develop each and every child into well-adjusted and socially responsible citizens. As such, our team of dedicated and committed staff aims to provide holistic care and the best professional services for your child by:
- Providing a safe, caring and conducive environment for the children under our care.
- Seeing to the social, emotional, physical and intellectual needs through our unique programme.
Social skills are ways of dealing with others that create healthy and positive interactions. Children who have social skills can communicate clearly, calmly and respectfully.
Emotional development is the process of learning how to understand and control emotions. Children who have good emotional development can learn to control their feelings.
Physical and intellectual development is the process where through sensorimotor play, children are able to discover his or her own body and its abilities. And learning to use and understand information they are taught.
We provide a full spectrum of developmental activities, which include character development, enrichment programmes such as arts and craft, and outdoor activities.
We conduct character development programmes such as PATHS (Promoting Alternative Thinking Strategies), which strengthens emotional resilience and promotes character building in our students.
This one-hour programme is conducted twice a week. Each child is also given a responsibility booklet, which keeps track of the child's ability to complete the tasks for the day, and is marked by a staff at the end of each day. This responsibility booklet aims to cultivate good habits in the children and encourages them to take responsibility in completing their daily tasks and observing rules set at the centres.
Spright Academy identifies the need to support children academically. At our student care centres, supervision is provided during the children’s study time.
We also have dedicated volunteers who commit their time to support the children in their studies. Our regular team of volunteers mentor the children and provide them with guidance in their various subjects.
Special outings and enrichment programmes such as English workshops, science workshops and cooking lessons, are also conducted during the school holidays to provide children with the opportunity to gain new knowledge and memorable experiences.
|1:30PM - 3:30PM||Lunch, shower, study time|
|3:30PM - 4:30PM||Rest time|
|4:30PM - 5:00PM||Tea break|
|5:00PM - 6:00PM||Activity time / study time / outdoor|
|6:00PM - 7:00PM||Free Play|
Here are some key information you should know about Spright Academy.
- Monthly fees of S$340.00 (inclusive of GST)
- No surcharge during school holidays
- Breakfast, lunch and tea break are from Halal sources and are designed in accordance to Health Promotion Board (HPB)’s guidelines.
- Excursions during school holidays
- Programmes are designed for children to develop social & emotional skills
- Volunteers assist children in academics regularly